Help us transform the healthcare system for the State of Hawaii.
ACT.md seeks to hire a Technical Support Engineer in Boston, MA to provide tier-2 technical support for ACT.md accounts. You will be working with our experienced engineers and account managers to handle technical issues that are escalated from tier-1 support and will range from diagnosing errors and running predefined scripts to building the protocols and processes for handling support issues from our customers.
Depending on your interests and future career goals, this position is perfect for someone who is passionate about solving problems for users, looking to transitioning into Software Engineering and would like to build up experience, or looking to continue in the technical support space and supervising future Technical Support Engineer hires at ACT.md.
Position is based in Boston, MA. Working hours 3-11:30pm Eastern, Mon-Fri.
- Take ownership of customer issues when escalated by customers or management. Drive to resolve issues effectively, escalating cases to Engineering teams where necessary.
- Work closely with our Account Services and Engineering teams to help our customers provide care for people in need.
- Dive deep into our code, data model, and product functionality to troubleshoot all kinds of customer questions.
- Document solutions to each request or problem, establish repeatable support protocols, and then investigate ways to automate those solutions or eliminate any underlying problems.
- Actively pair with colleagues through all stages of our process.
- Engage fellow team members and users to develop and refine design concepts for our web and mobile applications
- Do meaningful work supporting a product that improves lives.
- A genuinely nice person.
- Ready to ask a lot of questions and go after resources you need to solve customers’ problems.
- Committed to iterative improvement—of the product, the process, the team, and yourself—learning from others and teaching others in return.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting web applications.
- General understanding of Ruby on Rails web applications and debugging.
- General Linux knowledge (processes, startup scripts)
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
Cool if you have:
- Previous experience as a technical support engineer.
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
Contact Erik Raudsepp (email@example.com) with your résumé and cover letter.